What is Feed?
Feed is a file that contains information about a series of products that you want to advertise through Google Merchant Center.
The purpose of advertising is to better display relevant product information to buyers, such as product style, price, usage, applicable crowd, etc., and to attract customers to place orders. A series of relevant information about these commodities is collectively referred to as "Feed".
Smart Feed is a tool that can help advertisers quickly and conveniently upload the store's feed product information to the advertising platform and complete the matching of store products with the list of advertised products. This allows you to create campaigns with highly dynamic product information, increase traffic acquisition and conversion of products in your store, and generate high-quality product Feed for Google.
Table of content
Smart Feed Installation
Step 1: Go to SHOPLINE Admin > Apps > Go to App Store.
Step 2: Search Smart Feed in the app store > click [Install] > authorize and install
Smart Feed Asset Binding
Before using Smart Feed, you need to bind your Google account and GMC with Smart Feed, so that the product feed can be synchronized normally.
- When authorizing, please be sure to click the [Manage AdWords Campaigns] permission and the [Manage Product Listings and Accounts on Google Shopping] permission.
- If you do not have a Google account yet, to understand what is a Google account and how to apply for it, please refer to "Google Account (Definition, Creation Process, Asset Authorization, Frequently Asked Questions")
Step 1 Associate Google account: Connect your Google account with Smart Feed.
Step 2 Connect Google Merchant Center (GMC) & Finish Asset Binding
- Please complete GMC set before binding GMC. If you need any help, please refer to Google Merchant Center Setup.
- If you do not have a Google Acount, please refer to Google Merchant Center (GMC) (Definition, Creation Process, Asset Licensing, FAQ) to know about what is a GMC account and how to make an application.
Note: If you previously used SHOPLINE Admin > Advertisement > Smart Ads or SHOPLINE > Google > Feed sync application and have previously completed either Google account and GMC account binding in these two applications, the system will automatically read this part of the settings when using Smart Feed and you do not need to bind assets again.
Similarly, if you unbundle your Google account and GMC account in any of these applications, the Google assets in the other two applications will also be automatically unbundled from the applications.
Smart Feed Setup
You can enter your phone number in the settings for receiving messages later. (Optional)
Click [Setting] > [System settings] > set the following information:
- System time zone
- Phone number (Note: This number will be used to receive system messages)
- E-mail (Note: This mailbox will be used to receive system messages)
If you have any feedback or suggestions about the SmartFeed function, please let us know through the app settings.
Get in touch
SHOPLINE has a dedicated local support team for merchants looking for help with their issues and concerns. You can contact SHOPLINE support by reaching out to us through our live chat on your SHOPLINE admin, website, dropping us an email or WhatsApp our customer support with your queries.