Table of content
- Create your SHOPLINE account
- Setting up POS on SHOPLINE admin
- Adding Store Staff
- Setting up payment
- Uploading products
- Uploading inventory
Create your SHOPLINE Account
In order to get started with SHOPLINE POS, you will need to first sign up for a SHOPLINE account.
Learn how to create a SHOPLINE account quickly and easily in just three minutes.
Setting up POS on SHOPLINE admin
To setup SHOPLINE POS:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, under Channel Add POS.
Fill in your business information.
Click on Create a store.
- Add a location
- Select Products > Bulk select products that you want to add to your POS and add to POS.
- Activate POS by installing SHOPLINE POS app from IOS/Andriod app store.
IOS: Apple App Store Android: Google Play
Now learn how you can connect your POS hardware.
Adding Store Staff
Only you (the account owner) can create staff accounts by sending an invitation to a staff member. Upon acceptance of the invitation, the staff member will be asked to:
- Log in to their existing SHOPLINE account if they already have their own account and want to access your store using that account login, or they can choose to create an account.
As soon as the staff members go through the sign-in process, they will be able to access your SHOPLINE admin panel.
To add a new staff account:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, go to POS > Staff.
- Click Add Staff.
- Enter the email address of the staff member you would like to invite and select the POS access of your staff member:
- Click Save.
An email invitation to create an account and join your team will be sent to the new staff member.
Setting up payment
When operating in-store, your customer will need to make payment for your product and service through a specific payment method. You will need to add a payment method in your SHOPLINE admin for it to be displayed in your POS hardware.
To add a payment method:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, go to POS > Settings.
- Under payment method, click Add payment method.
- Click Create custom collection method.
To allow customers to make payments through contactless payment (credit and debit card, ApplePay, GooglePay), you will need to activate SHOPLINE Payments, and you'll be able to get a payment terminal to enable you to receive payments.
To upload products to your SHOPLINE POS, you will need to upload products to your SHOPLINE admin and add them to your SHOPLINE POS channel.
Learn how to bulk upload products.
To upload products to SHOPLINE admin:
From your SHOPLINE admin, go to Products.
- Click on Import products > Import locally.
- Download Template for bulk importing
- Fill in the required fields for bulk upload.
- Upload the excel sheet once you have added new products.
Once you have uploaded your products to SHOPLINE admin, you will need to list them on the POS channel.
Bulk-adding products to the POS channel:
From your SHOPLINE admin, go to Products.
- Select the check box to add products to add to your POS channel
- After you select the products, click on Bulk Edit and add the selected products to your POS channel.
Adding location inventory
To add inventory to multiple stores that you operate, you'll need to update the inventory levels for each store individually. For example, if you recently open a new outlet (Vivocity) and want to keep track of your inventory for each store separately. By adding inventory to each store's inventory level, you can ensure that you have accurate stock levels for each location and avoid overselling products.
To add inventory to each store:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, go to Products
- To update the inventory for your new store at Vivocity, you will need to select the desired product and click on the Inventory button. This will allow you to make any necessary changes to the stock levels of the product specifically for the Vivocity store. By keeping track of inventory levels for each store, you can avoid stockouts and ensure that you have enough stock to meet customer demand. Follow these steps to update inventory for your new store
- Once you have made changes to the inventory level for your product, be sure to click the Save button to ensure that the changes are recorded and the new inventory level is updated.
Discover how to update inventory for multiple products across multiple stores using a CSV file. By using this method, you can make changes to inventory levels in bulk, instead of updating each product and store individually. This can save you time and effort, especially if you have a large number of products or stores to manage.
Learn how you can bulk update store inventory with CSV file.
Running a test on your POS App
After following the steps above, you can access your POS App and view your products on the home page and within the product module; under your Product List tab will show the products that you have added to your store.
In the event that your products is not showing up on your POS App or is displayed incorrectly, you can resolve the issue by updating the POS App.
To update your POS App:
- Open SHOPLINE POS App, and click on Setting.
- Select Data Update and click on Reset to refresh product information. This can help to ensure that all of your products are displayed correctly and that any changes you have made to inventory levels are reflected accurately.
- [Optional] If you continue to experience issues, please contact our support team in your SHOPLINE admin for further assistance.
Get in Touch
SHOPLINE has a specialized Merchant Success Team available to assist you with any questions or issues. Please feel free to contact us via the chatbox in the lower right corner of your SHOPLINE admin panel or on the SHOPLINE official website. We are always here to support you every step of the way and help your business thrive.