In this Article
- Configure Your Account and Basic Settings
- Granting Access from WooCommerce
- Migrating Data from WooCommerce to SHOPLINE
Configure Your Account and Basic Settings
Before you begin the migration process, there are 2 steps you need to complete.
- Sign up for a SHOPLINE Account by following the steps in the article "Creating An Account in 3 Minutes".
- Complete the initial setup: store name, store address, store region, currency, and other general store settings.
Granting Access from WooCommerce
Before you migrate your store data from WooCommerce, you will create a Rest API in the WooCommerce store management background. To do so, you may follow the following steps:
- At WooCommerce's Admin Panel, proceed to [Settings] > [Advanced] > [REST API], and choose Add Key. If you have not created REST API yet, please click on Create an API key.
- After filling in the key details, choose Generate API key.
After successfully creating the API Key, copy the generated Consumer key and Consumer secret.
Migrating Data from WooCommerce to SHOPLINE
Before setting up the store, head to My Apps in the SHOPLINE Admin panel to install and authorize WooCommerce's one-click store migration tool to start migrating the data.
After installing, the system will automatically proceed to the WooCommerce One Click Migration page. To begin the migration process, please click on the [Start migration] button.
- Fill in the domain name of the WooCommerce store (the domain name does not require the prefix [https://]) and paste the obtained API information (Consumer Key and Consumer Secret) into the migration tool application. After finishing the details, please proceed to the Next step.
- When using the migration tool for data migration:
- For basic module migration, you can choose to migrate the contents of customers and products independently.
- For advanced settings (Google feed synchronization migration), you may need to make corresponding checkmarks according to the settings of the original platform (advanced settings require simultaneous migration of the product module). The feed ID format can be viewed on Google Merchant Center (GMC) to see the previously synchronized item ID style in [Product] > [All products].
After completing the selection of the migration content, click Start Migration. The system will notify you when the migration process is completed.
After the data migration is completed, you can further improve the store building configuration, including basic store template configuration, payment configuration, advertising pixel setting, meta verification, sitemap submission, and advertising feed synchronization. Among them, the advertising pixel setting needs to remain consistent with the original platform ID.
- Before migration, it is necessary to disable email notifications related to customers and orders to avoid automatically sending emails to customers after creating customers in the store. (All notification pages in the figure below need to be closed).
- When synchronizing the feed through advanced settings, it is important to note the original ID synchronization rules. If the selected rules are not consistent with the original platform, it may affect the advertising effect of already launched advertisements.
Note: If the product ID rule setting fails and has already been synchronized to Google Merchant Center, you can delete or keep the data and then set the correct rule again for re-migration coverage. The area codes for selling areas can be viewed on GMC based on the corresponding codes for the previously transferred item IDs.
- Repeated migration will overwrite data. For example, if product A is migrated to SHOPLINE, modified in SHOPLINE, and then migrated again, the new data will overwrite the modified A product in SHOPLINE.
Note: If other migration tools have been used before (such as table import or the "Shopify one-click relocation" function in the product module), the product feed ID rule will not be effective for products that have already been migrated.
- After migrating the customers' data, email activation is required as it is two different systems. Activation emails can be sent in batches and the activation email template can be customized in Settings > [Customer account] > Classic customer account.
Besides, the store needs to have permission to allow customers to register and log in with their phone numbers, otherwise, customers with only phone numbers will not be able to log in after the migration. You can go to Settings > Customers to enable this feature.
Why is the displayed number of migrated products different from the actual number of migrated products?
Intelligent product classification cannot be migrated. The number of migrated products includes the number of products, SKUs, categories, and the number of product-category relationships.
Why does the number of customers displayed in the background differ from the number of migrated customers?
Because customer statistics are not updated in real-time, there is a data delay of about 1.5 hours (for example, if 40,000 customer data is migrated, the total number displayed in the background may be only 20,000, and it will take over an hour for the data to be updated and displayed correctly).
Get in touch
SHOPLINE has a specialized Merchant Success Team available to assist you with any questions or issues. Please feel free to contact us via the chatbox in the lower right corner of your SHOPLINE admin panel or on the SHOPLINE official website. We are always here to support you every step of the way and help your business thrive.