SHOPLINE now supports WhatsApp Business Message Management. Once integrated, merchants can manage their customer's message, order reminders, product information, advertisements and promotions from WhatsApp Business through the Message Center to push leads through the sales funnel.
This article will be covering the following:
- How to integrate WhatsApp Business
- Message template
- Manage WhatsApp messages via the Message Center
- How to unlink WhatsApp Business Account
*Notes before you begin:
- One WhatApp Business Account (WABA) per shop.
- It is recommended that you only bind one WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) to one mobile number and not multiple WABAs as to avoid network failure when connecting.
- Please make sure the mobile number for your WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) has never been registered with WhatsApp before. In the case that you are using a registered WhatsApp Number (personal account, not WABA), please make sure to delete the number and register again. You may refer to this article for reference.
- WhatsApp Business will adopt a new charging policy from 1 June 2023 onwards. You will need to purchase a plan to be applicable for the free 1,000 incoming conversations from Whatsapp. Please purchase the plan before 1 June to keep your WhatsApp business connected to SHOPLINE. Refer here for more information.
1. How to integrate WhatsApp Business
In SHOPLINE Admin, under "Channels", go to "WhatsApp" and click Link Now.
1. Log in to the Facebook account you are going to integrate.
2. Click Get Started.
3. Click Continue to allow SHOPLINE to access your WhatsApp Business Account.
4. Select your Facebook Business Account or create a new one.
5. Create or select your WhatsApp Business Account (WABA).
- Create a new WABA:
- Or select an existing WABA:
6. Once the account set up is complete, proceed to the next step.
7. Create or select your WhatsApp Business Account Profile.
- Create a new WABA Profile:
- Select an existing WABA Profile:
8. Click OK to complete the WABA connection process.
Step 3: Facebook Business Manager Verification
- Once the integration is successful, please proceed directly to "WhatsApp Manager" to complete your Facebook Business Manager Verification.
Please following the steps below to complete the Facebook Business Manager verification:
1. Proceed to the [Facebook Business Settings] > [Security Center] and click Start Verification.
2. Once the verification steps are complete, on the "Business Information" page, you will be able to see the verification status of your shop as "Verified".
- The WABA trial period only lasts 14 days. If expired, you will not be able to send WhatsApp messages through the Message Center.
If you wish to bind the account after the expiration date, you will need to proceed to "WhatsApp Manager" to delete this phone number.
Remove the WABA you integrated with Facebook Business Manager, and repeat the account integration process.
- Once verified, you will be able to use a Facebook fan page to link with the WhatsApp Business Account. Customers will then be able to contact you directly through WhatsApp, and you will be able to manage CTWA Ads (Click To WhatsApp Ads).
Please follow the steps below to complete verification:
1. Once integration is complete, you will be directed to the Asset Management page, in the "Basic Settings tab", click Link to WhatsApp Manager.
2. Click the drop down menu on the top right corner, then click "Business settings".
3. Click [Accounts] > [WhatsApp Account] on the left-side menu, then go to the "Settings" tab on the right. In the Business Verification field, click "Start Verification" and a "In Review" text will appear.
4. Once the review is complete, the Business verification field will appear as "Verified", and the Account status field will appear as "approved".
2. Message template
Once your binding is complete, go to [Channel Integration] > [WhatsApp] and click on the "Message template" tab to view your sample message templates.
*Note: Editing and deleting message template is not currently supported.
- If you created or deleted a message template through the backend of WhatsApp, you will not be able to send with it.
- If you deleted a message template through the backend of WhatsApp, you will need to wait 30 days to be able to create another one.
3. Manage WhatsApp messages via Message Center
Once you have successfully integrated your WhatsApp Business account, go to [Social Commerce] > [Message Center] as seen in the image below.
4. How to unlink WhatsApp Business Account
If you want to unlink your WABA from your shop, go to the "Connected WhatsApp Business Account" section and select "Disconnect Current Account" .
The WABA trial period only lasts 14 days. If expired, you will not be able to send WhatsApp messages through the Message Center.
If you wish to integrate the account after the expiration date, you will need to proceed to "WhatsApp Manager" to delete this phone number.
Then proceed to Facebook Business Settings to delete WABA and return to SHOPLINE Admin > > [WhatsApp] to re-integrate. Make sure to complete the Facebook Business Manager Verification once the integration is complete.
*Note: Please wait at least 20 minutes after deleting the number and account before returning to the Admin panel to begin the integration process.
Get in touch
SHOPLINE has a specialized Merchant Success Team available to assist you with any questions or issues. Please feel free to contact us via the chatbox in the lower right corner of your SHOPLINE admin panel or on the SHOPLINE official website. We are always here to support you every step of the way and help your business thrive.