You are able to send request to SHOPLINE for customer's personal data deletion. Included customer's information: name, address, email address, IP address, credit card info etc.
1. Setting Instructions
- Admin panel > customers > click into any of the customer name > enter customer details page.
- In customer details page, on the bottom right corner you will see delete personal data section > click delete personal data.
- After clicking delete, customer's data will be deleted from your shop in 10 days (buffer time). During this period of time, if you change your mind (within 10 days) , you may click "Cancel Request".
2. Important Notice
2.1 The information displayed after deletion of personal data
In customer management page：
- Customer name become ''-'', customer name, email and mobile number, phone number will be deleted
- Customer's address will be empty
- Subscription status: unsubscribed
- Customer tags and remark will be remained
- Customer order data will be remained, as the information is important for business finance account management
2.2 Impact of personal data deletion
- Customer data will be remained in the customer management page, however sensitive information would not be displayed
- Cannot search with sensitive information
- Customer would not be able to get the shop subscription notification
- Customer login and ''user does not exist'' will be prompted
- Customer can re-register a new account and form a new account ID, however old data would not merge with new account data
Get in Touch
SHOPLINE has a specialized Merchant Success Team available to assist you with any questions or issues. Please feel free to contact us via the chatbox in the lower right corner of your SHOPLINE admin panel or on the SHOPLINE official website. We are always here to support you every step of the way and help your business thrive.