Bing Webmaster Tool and Reports help you measure your site's Bing and Yahoo Search traffic and performance, fix issues, and make your site shine in Bing and Yahoo.
Step 1: Enter Bing Webmaster Tool
Enter Bing Webmaster Tool click "Get started", you can choose to sign in using Microsoft, Google or Facebook account.
Step 2: Choose the Verification Method
Click the right option "Add your site manually"
1. Enter your store's unique URL, refer to below examples:
- Your store's URL is www.abc.com then enter https://www.abc.com
- Your store's URL is shop.def.com then enter https://shop.def.com
2. Choose the verification method as HTML Meta Tag
Copy from quotation marks of "Content" for the alphanumeric code.
3. Paste the meta tag to your store
Go to ADMIN > [Apps] > [App Store] > [Bing] then paste the meta tag to the column of "Bing Webmaster tools". Just keep "Content" quotation mark's alphanumeric code after pasting, other contents like English letters and quotation marks need to be deleted, then click "Save" at the bottom right.
4. Complete Verification
Please go back to the Bing Webmaster Tool, click "Verification". If you see below image, then your website has been successfully verified!
Second method: Import your website from GSC
If your website has been verified by Google Search Console, choose the left method "Import your sites from GSC", then click [Import].
1. Click the bottom right [Continue]
2. Click the bottom right [Allow]
3. Click the bottom right [Import]
If you see the below image, then you have successfully verified your store's site. This method does not require you to enter the meta tag into "Bing Webmaster tools" in the ADMIN panel.
Step 2: Submit a Sitemap
A Sitemap is a file that allows Google and other search engines to understand the structure of your website's content.
When you set up your store, SHOPLINE will automatically create a sitemap of each store. Your sitemap will be www.yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml.
Fill in the "Submit Sitemap" field again with your store's unique URL and add sitemap.xml at the end, for example:
- Your URL is www.abc.com then enter https://www.abc.com/sitemap.xml in the field
- Your URL is shop.def.com then enter https://shop.def.com/sitemap.xml in the field
After successfully submitting the sitemap, you can see the status displayed as "Success" in the "Sitemap URL" block.