Before using our Smart Ads System for advertising, please follow the following steps to complete the authorization of Facebook advertising assets, check relevant permissions, and set up Facebook channels. After all steps are completed, you may then start advertising:
Facebook Advertising Assets Authorization Process
- Step 1 Facebook Account Two-Factor Verification
- Step 2 Facebook Business Manager Obtaining "Administrator Permissions"
- Step 3 Adding Facebook Page to Business Manager
- Step 4 Creating Pixels
- Step 5 Performing Domain Verification
- Step 6 Aggregated Events
- Facebook Advertising Assets Checklist with permissions (must check!!)
Step 1 Enable Facebook account two-factor authentication
Two-factor verification is a Facebook security feature that provides additional security for your Facebook account on top of password protection. You can enable two-factor authentication to protect your Facebook account by referring to Facebook's official how-to guide. If you need to create a Facebook account and learn more about Facebook account, please refer to [Facebook Personal Account (Definition, Creation Process, Asset Authorization, Frequently Asked Questions)]
Step 2 Facebook Business Manager Obtaining "Administrator Permissions"
You would need to confirm：
- Have Facebook Business Manager "Administrative Privilege (Admin Authorization)"
If you do not have Facebook Business Manager and need to create a BM or for related information, please refer to [Facebook Business Manager (Definition, Creation Process, Asset Authorization, FAQ)]
Step 3 Add Facebook Page to Business Manager
If you would like to know what is a Facebook Page, how to create a Page, etc., please refer to [Facebook Page (Definition, Creation Process, Asset Authorization, FAQ)]
- If you have not opened a Facebook advertising account in SHOPLINE and is currently using your existing advertising account for advertising, please refer to 3.1 General user: Add Facebook Page to Business Manager
- If you have opened a Facebook advertising account in SHOPLINE, you need to use this account to enjoy the advantages of Smart Ads products that "the blocked account will not affect the advertising", please refer to3.2 SHOPLINE- Smart Ads account opening customer: Facebook Page add permission
3.1 General user: Add Facebook Page to Business Manager
Please follow the steps below to add an existing Page to Business Manager (Business Management Dashboard)
- Enter your business management dasnboard, find the public homepage under your account, and click [Add]
3.2 SHOPLINE- Smart Ads account opening customer: Add permission to Facebook Page
Method 1: Please authorize the administrator permission of Page to SHOPLINE Business Manager "Business Manager ID account opening group synchronization"
Method 2: If you cannot initiate an invitation, please contact your SHOPLINE operators to initiate a homepage authorization invitation
Step 4 Create Pixels
Why do you need Pixels?
If there is no pixel, the advertisement is placed but not tracked. It feels like you are driving blindfolded. You can't accurately judge the effect of the advertisement, and there is no way to further optimize it more accurately. (For more information about Facebook Pixel, please refer to "Facebook Pixel (Definition, How to Create, FAQ)")
The advantages and benefits of creating pixel:
- Data analysis website optimization
- Similar audiences
How to create a Pixel
Step 1 : Create Pixel
Business Manager Dashboard > Data Source > Pixel Code
Step 2 (may refer to screenshot below)
Step 3: Add Pixel to Ad Account
Step 4 Add Pixel to SHOPLINE admin panel.
Step 5 How to Verify if Pixel Works
You may install Facebook Pixel Helper on Google Chrome.
Step 5. Domain Verification
What is domain verification?
You can successfully run ads on the Smart Ads system without domain verification, but we still recommend you complete domain verification, because the original pixel can track all user behavior and website data. However, because the new IOS regulations protect users' personal privacy, if domain verification is not performed, it may cause a certain "blocking" of user behavior data. Or it will affect the jumping of advertising links.
Step 1 Business Management Platform > Brand Safety > Domain
If the domain name of the independent website is http://www.abc.com, the website domain name needs to remove http:// and fill in the domain name box, namely www.abc.com
Step 2: Use the Meta-tag method to verify, copy the content in the double quotation marks of the code segment content=”xxxxx” (copy the red part only)
Step 3: Paste it into your Shopline Admin Panel [2.0 system Admin panel operation method]
Step 4: Domain Verification Complete
Go back to Facebook BM, click Verify Domian
Step 6. Event Configuration
Set up to 8 events maximum, per domain for optimization and reporting with priority, so the highest priority must be shopping.
Step 1 Events Management Tool
Step 2 Select the pixel added by the website
If this interface does not appear, please review [Create pixel - add pixel code to Shopline background] and [Add pixel code to Shopline background] in . After a while, enter this interface to view.
Step 4: Select the pixel in the corresponding account, add 8 different optimization events, and put the Purchase event first
Facebook Ad Assets and Permissions Self-Check Checklist (Must Check!!)
Please check again whether the authorization is completed below. If so, you can go back to Smart Ads to set up the Facebook channel.
- Account has completed two-step verification
- Business Manager already has administrator authorization and has the Manage Campaigns privilege turned on
- Page has been authorized to the corresponding Business Manager
- Complete the Pixel creation and add it to the SHOPLINE background
- Complete domain verification (not required, but highly recommended)
- Complete event configuration
In addition, in order to ensure that your various advertising assets (FB account, Business Manager, Page, Pixel) on the Facebook platform can be used normally, please be sure to understand "Advertising Assets Management Must-Knows"
After completing the above advertising asset authorization, you can return to the Smart Ads System Channel Settings page to configure the channel